Friday, December 1, 2006

Never Get a Lawyer - Adventure at The Beverly Hills Hilton








My friend, we will call him B.A. (some may come to the conclusion that it stands for bad ass and in this circumstance it may well apply), was recently comped at The Beverly Hills Hilton for a weekend and asked for the company of The Itinerant to join him in enjoying the amenities of the establishment. I decided that, after a long deliberation, that I would accept his offer as I have been there only once before and it was to Trader Vic's not the hotel.

We first went to the bar at Circa 55 (first picture, what's with that guys shirt?), a psuedo-mid-century modern restaurant that is pool side at the hotel. We were greeted with complimentary (as if that mattered) "Circa-tinis" and continued to have various libations as well as delicious Ahi Tuna Sliders. Yum-yum. My favorite part was acting like a couple of hot shots when we were ordering and then giggling like school children when our servers would leave.

4 drinks into the evening we decided to crash an event being held at the hotel for an organization called Human Rights Watch. We entered the ballroom greeted with open arms. Open arms that were handing us books, tote bags, pens, cds, and other miscellaneous human rights paraphernalia. To put the icing on the cake we were given personal invites to a screening of the new poorly accented Leonardo Dicaprio film "The Blood Diamond" in which the Leo himself, Jennifer Connely, and the head of the WB will in attendance (I made my RSVP and the lady called me back to confirm that I will be attending Dec. 7th). After we grew bored with our gifts and human rights we headed over to our next free expensive endeavor.

Trader Vic's is the best. As shown in the pictures above B.A. got disappointed with me when I began to drink two delicious Vic's Cocktails at the same time. He accosted me and I could only find solace in delicious Polynesian libations. I would like to mention two things about the beverages there. First thing is they are all really fucking good but made with nothing but pure booze and may be poisonous. Secondly, I have a new goal which is to try every drink in the place. I think altogether I have tried about 10 different ones so far. My only disappointment is that some don't come in fun glasses. THEY SHOULD ALL COME IN FUN GLASSES! Makes no sense to have fun without a fun glass.

This is a place, although neither of us paid for it so I can't say it without a little smirk on my face, that is worth the ridiculous prices allotted to the menu items. We went again just this past Monday and enjoyed yet another ridiculously good meal. I think the BBQ Unagi and Avocado Roll might have been the most blissful sushi experience I have had since Irhoa's Spicy Yellowtail Roll. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Is tastetastic a word? No? Fuck you! Then the Almond Duck in Plum Sauce was RIDICULOUS. It was like a crispy, then moist and tender duck... brownie... it basically was perfect.

There is a moral to this story. Don't get a lawyer ever. This is what is on your tab. My delicious meals. But if you do, I will thank you in advance.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is so fun. I love the photos and the story. Trader Vic rocks!!....Love those tidbits!!