Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wigwam Motel - Rialto, CA



Located in Rialto, CA off of the famous Route 66, this motel is one of three Tee-Pee motels that is operating today. One is in Holbrook, Arizona near the Petrified Forest and the other in Cave City, Kentucky (woo wee). I got these pics on the way to AZ but I really want to stay here for a night even though it isn't the most exciting of areas and isn't that far from home. That being said I wish they still had this lovely catch phrase on their sign, "Do it in a Tee-Pee." YES! Okay. You can still do it but they just don't encourage it anymore.

There is also an amazing Bowling sign next door which I am saving for my huge "Blowing Vernacular" post. The doors are slightly suggestive in my opinion which is maybe why they took down the old sign because maybe people where actually doing it with the Tee-Pee as oppossed to in.

Wigwam Motel Website - all kinds of info on the history and rates and reservations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours
would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Here is my site - software